Tuesday, January 31, 2017

REVIEW: Kwik Stix Thin Stix by The Pencil Grip, Inc.

When I got the email asking me to review Kwik Stix Thin Stix I was beyond excited and thankful! I teach pre-k at our homeschool co-op. My preschoolers always ask to use the Kwik Stix. It is all the creativity and fun of paint, but without the mess. I don't have to worry about these rambunctious 2-4 year olds spilling water or getting paint everywhere. Parents can rest easy too because Kwik Stix are AP certified, meaning they are non toxic and perfectly safe for young children.



Clean up

Clean up is a breeze with the Kwik Stix brand. On our school tables we don't have to scrub. The paint wipes away quickly with one wipe on the whole table. Another amazing thing is that the paint dries in 90 seconds so we don't have to worry about the paint drying by the time our day is done. We can stack the paintings after the kids are done, which saves us space. One of our moms was a little upset when her daughter got some paint on her shirt but she let us know the next week that the paint came out in the wash. 

Uses

We use the Kwik Stix on everything. Literally. Drawing paper, because you don't have to worry about the paper tearing by getting soggy. Heavy paper, cardboard, canvas, and wood! This past Christmas we were painting wooden ornaments. After seeing the trouble one kid was having with the acrylic paint, I handed her a Kwik Stix and she finished her ornament faster and more effortlessly than the rest of the class. She didn't have to wait for one color to dry to use another color, her colors didn't mix and become yucky, and the way these babies glide onto wood has given me idea for some home projects for myself.



Thin Stix

The Thin Stix are a little easier to grasp and the smaller point is perfect for writing or drawing. I always tell my preschoolers to not roll it up too far and make sure you put the lid on. Treat it like a glue stick. If you don't put the lid on it will dry out. If this happens there is no need to worry. Just cut the top off that is dry and you're good to go. You don't use water with these. They are ready to go. I find they are a lot less messy than paint and markers. 

I used these with all ages. From 2 years old to 54. Everyone loves these. My step dad even used them in his home furnishing business on wood. I can't wait to see what The Pencil Grip, Inc. comes out with next.



Where can you purchase Kwik Stix and Thin Stix?

You can find this great product online at Amazon.com. They are available in 6, 12, and 24 packs of assorted, neon, and metallic colors.


Be sure to check out some of their other amazing products. I really, genuinely, love this company and recommend it to all of my friends. They put out great products. If you have a child with fine motor problems you really ought to check out their pencil grips. My son uses them and they help him maintain control over his pencil better.


DISCLAIMER:  I was sent this product free to review. I was not compensated in any other way and was not asked to give a positive opinion. Out of loyalty to my readers my opinion will always be honest and my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with FCC regulations.



No comments:

Post a Comment