Sunday, June 12, 2016

Oh my gosh!!! It's almost here!

I've been M.I.A. for a few months. In March I started my new job. Stopped reviewing homeschool products and have been working non stop. We have had so many church activities and I've been busy with other things that it's been hard to find time to do what I love most which is writing. I don't know if anyone reads this, but I'm sorry and I'm back!

Why am I back? A very important event is coming up that I've been praying for for years. The mission trip to Haiti. God spoke to my heart years ago about the mission field. I was in Youth and we were at a conference at Winter Fest in Gatlinburg and they were talking about the need for missionaries. I was one of the kids that stood up and pledged to go into the mission field. High School happened and I fell away from God, but I never forgot.

So one night last year I felt God speak to my heart. I started looking up mission trip information. I knew it had to be Haiti. I've felt the call to go to Haiti since I visited there years ago and then seeing the damage from the earth quake in 2008. I texted my friend from church and she had been talking to her family about doing a mission trip and the rest is history. I found YWAM after reviewing a lot of different missions. God had his hand in it from the beginning. From putting it on my heart to directing us where to go and when. He even picked the people who were meant to go. Everything is in place as he planned. Each person going is going to serve a purpose. God is going to use each of us to be his vessels. To do his work. 

The trip is in FOUR DAYS. I wanna play it off cool and say I am not nervous because God has this, but I have a secret. I am terrified of flying. I have ZERO fear going into a foreign country and serving God. The only fear I have thus far about this trip is all about getting there. I've flown 32 times. I never had an issue flying until after I started having panic attacks. I know it will be fine. BREATHE. 

I have not packed. I am always a last minute packer. I plan on being fully packed Wednesday. I have been buying stuff for my trip each week so I don't have to buy it all at once. I definitely recommend that to anyone traveling. I will be posting some tips for anyone else taking a mission trip. I hope to document this journey through this blog so family and friends can check in to see what all we did. Thanks for your support. good to be back!


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and everybody else going! Can't wait to hear what the Lord has in store for each of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and everybody else going! Can't wait to hear what the Lord has in store for each of you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete