Saturday, November 7, 2015

What am I Thankful for?

In November Facebook becomes inundated with people telling us what they are thankful for, every single day. I've tried this before and I am just not good at posting every day. I would fall off before the halfway mark and would sometimes post a whole weeks worth of thankfulness in a day because life gets busy and I forget. It's not that I'm not thankful, do people judge those who don't post everyday? Does it make me less thankful? Of course not. It's just hard for some people. Especially those with ADD like me. It becomes boring and monotonous. I really enjoy the artistic expression of thanks. Last year Elijah glued leaves telling what he was thankful for to a thankful tree I had printed off of Pinterest. We will probably do something similar to that this year. So I decided that I would post all 30 things I'm thankful for at once. Of course I am thankful every single day for all these things, but in case you're interested here are my 30 things I'm thankful for. In no particular order.

1. My Salvation: I gave my life to Christ at Camp Galilee in Lafollette when I was eight years old.
2. Church Family: I have gone to Dante Baptist for 11 years. It's much more than a church to me. It's my extended family. 
3. My Son: I tell my son all the time that it's him and I against the world. He is the reason I wake up in the morning and God placed him in my life for a reason.
4. Parents
5. Aunt and Uncle who had a major part of raising me and helping me to raise my son.
6. My niece Eralynn. I never thought I would love anyone as much as I love my son. 
7. All of my Nieces and Nephew.
8. My Sister because she teaches me patience.
9. My Brother because he teaches me forgiveness.
10. My Cats because they ease my stress...sometimes. (I'm looking at you Ginsberg who eats all my cords)
11. Books: I love to read.
12. Technology: for helping me to express myself.
13. Modern Medicine: for keeping my son alive.
14. Missionaries: They are selfless and have such faith in God. I admire them.
15. AC: I am extremely hot natured and can not imagine life without air conditioning. I am so spoiled with it.
16. My sight: I see the Lord in nature. I am a very visual person with a love for art. When I look out at the mountains, the ocean, the sunset, a beautiful fall day; I see God in it. It speaks volumes to me. 
17. Prayer: Prayer saved my son. He was severely ill in Children's and was on a lot of prayer lists. I absolutely attribute prayer to his survival. My car has ran on prayer. I have had so many prayers answered and for the ones that were answered no, I am also thankful.
18. VBS: I love VBS. Every year I go VBS crazy. I love to decorate and teach the kids. It's one of the most favorite events we have at church. It's won a lot of souls to Christ.
19. Forgiveness: I've done some really horrible things, some things against my brothers and sisters in Christ. I've slapped God in the face with my disobedience and evilness. He took all of that from me and cast those sins as far as the east is to the west. 
20. All of my Aunts and Uncles.
21. My Grand Parents: I was born into a bible believing family thanks to both sets of Grandparents. I was born Methodist and Southern Baptist.
22. Homeschool: I am very thankful to be able to Homeschool my son. Some countries prohibit this and even some states make it very hard to homeschool. I am so thankful to live in a state where I am able to homeschool freely.
23. Music: I love to sing, just ask my son. He begs me to stop singing.
24. Dance: I am especially thankful for Rejoice because I am able to dance for God. I may not be very good at it but when I dance it's just me and God in that room. I pray continuously that others will be able to see him through me. 
25. Football: it's my favorite sport and brings me happiness. I started playing football when I was 2. My Dad taught me how to throw and it's something that we share together.
26. Stan Lee: He's the man. I love The Avengers, and everything Marvel.
27. Comedy: If I am having a bad day, all you have to do is sit me in front of America's Funniest Home Videos, Madea, Duck Dynasty, etc.
28. The Food in my house.
29. My home: it's a humble abode, but I feel safe here and my neighbors are awesome.
30. FINALLY......I am thankful for being a Single Mom of a child who is on the spectrum and has food allergies. I doubt myself a lot, but I have taken care of this very high maintenance child, on my own, for over seven years. It's an accomplishment and I've learned so much through every hardship I've had. That's something I could have done without all of the things I am so very thankful for.

Shew.....that was hard! I am sure I have missed some things. It is harder than it seems. Especially when you are typing on the fly. Leave me a comment and tell me what you're thankful for. If you haven't already like my Facebook page www.facebook.com/Thissinglemomneedsgrace 

No comments:

Post a Comment