Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Working from home with Concentrix and LiveOps

Concentrix:
I LOVE working from home. I suffer from a variety of medical problems. Working from home was something of a necessity. Finding a legit work from home job was pretty easy. I went to Pinterest and search for 'legit work from home job'. From there I perused the job recommendations and checked their legitimacy through the BBB and looked at the reviews from people who worked there through indeed.com and glassdoors.com. Reviews are important to look at. You can get some insight on how the company is run and most reviews are raw and blatantly honest which I like. My first work at home job was Concentrix. Concentrix paid 10$ an hour. We were paid for training. I had to provide internet, landline, and computer. Your computer has to be hardwired which is pretty standard to work at home. The thing I did not like about Concentrix is the training. When I got thrown to the wolves. (Taking calls for the first time) I did not feel prepared. I felt so bad for the customers who I was trying to help. There was inadequate training, the supervisors and trainers were completely disorganized. They had no clue what was going on. They didn't do much "training". When it came time to do nesting, we were supposed to have two weeks of listening to live calls, taking a few calls with someone listening in and getting feedback, and some more training. However, we were just dumped into the queue and forced to take calls. It was a mess and a lot of people ended up quitting. It is overwhelming when you don't know what you are doing and having to use a system you haven't been trained on yet. I stayed with Concentrix for a couple of months. I just learned that I wasn't going to get help from anyone but myself. I trained myself and I liked helping the customers. I got paid on time. There wasn't a lot of communication from my team leader. I really felt like I was on my own. In the end, I decided to end my employment there. Turnover is very high for them. I feel like if they would have spent more time training their employees and making sure they were comfortable with the system then they wouldn't lose so many agents. You also can not log off to go to the bathroom. You have to request permission and wait for someone to get back to you before you can log off. Calls are long for certain clients. I worked with the Intuit program and my calls could last up to an hour and a half. If someone doesn't get back with you about a break you could be stuck on the phone. Same thing with Lunch. You have a scheduled lunch, however, you still have to request to take it. Concentrix is a good job if you are self-motivated, enjoy being left alone to figure out the system yourself, and you just want to make money. There is good money in it and lots of over time.

https://careers.concentrix.com/career-details.php?id=R-91278

LiveOps:

This is a company that I was interested in working for but decided it was not for me. LiveOps provides you work as an independent contractor. You essentially own your own business. Therefore you have to pay your own taxes. It is a call center. You invoice them for your talk time. Now here is the tricky part. They do not pay for training. The AAA roadside assistant job that I was going to train for was 5 weeks of training. That is five weeks that you are not getting paid. I have to pay 45$ for a background check and 50$ for a keyfob that provides a token for two-factor authorization for the AAA systems. After the first day of kick off, I decided I was not going to be able to do this job. I could not wrap my head around everything that was required to own your own business. Also if you don't get calls then you are sitting there not getting paid. You are only paid for talk time and they ask that you make the calls short because that is better for the client.

Another reason I decided not to do LiveOps is that I finally got a job at Amazon!!! I have been applying to them for a year and a half. The training coincides with some of the LiveOps training and I didn't want to get confused on the systems or the scripts. I have been waiting for this job because Amazon is supposed to be a really great work at home job doing customer service. I want to focus on Amazon and once I get settled I may pick up some part-time hours at another company but being an independent contractor did not seem like a good business opportunity at the moment. I need guaranteed funds.

Again LiveOps may be right for you if you are interested in working for yourself. You do get to schedule your own hours. You work as much or as little as you want. They do have a minimum of 15 hours per week. You have to invoice them for your call time and pay your own taxes.

https://join.liveops.com/work-from-home-call-center-jobs/

Remember to do your own research. Read reviews. You will need to have a computer. Check out the computer requirements before you apply. Many also require a landline and ethernet. These two are legit work at home opportunities. There just were not right for me at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment