Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bear cove village and Wild Bear Falls Review, Mini Vacay

I took a little break from blogging and didn't get to blog about our mini vacay in August. My Dad wanted Elijah to have a vacation so he funded our trip. My Sister, Elijah, and I stayed at Bear Cove Rv. I chose Bear Cove because we needed somewhere affordable to stay where we could cook our own meals. Bear Cove has little cabins you can rent. Now when I say little I mean tiny it was one bedroom and the bed room was smaller than some peoples closets. The largest room when you first walked in was the kitchen and had a bunk bed with a twin sized bed on top and full on the bottom. The kitchen was fully stocked. It had a two eye burner, microwave, small refrigerator. The bathroom had a stand up shower and toilet. Plenty of hot water. Outside we had a fire put with a grill top. Everything in Bear Cove Village was so nicely decorated and well kept. The only issue we had was the freezer in the mini fridge was frozen up and the fridge wasn't very cold. The cabins are very close together. There is a walking trail, doggie park, fishing pond, two pools, and laundry mat. 

      Our home away from home for the weekend

                  The inside of our cute little cabin



The first night we drove up to Gatlinburg. Elijah picked out TGI Fridays to eat at. It wasn't very crowded and our service was excellent. They are excellent with food allergies. Afterwards my Sister let Elijah pick one thing to do. He decided to play putt putt. We went to the indoor blacklight putt putt. Elijah had 3D glasses that he did not keep on. I tried them but they were over stimulating. This was Elijah's first time playing putt putt and he loved it. We did not keep score but it was fun anyways, Elijah probably won. He was doing a lot better than I did. Afterwards we walked around Gatlinburg and headed back to the cabin. 




The next morning we decided to go to Wild Bear Falls in Gatlinburg. We took a ride on the trolley first to an arcade so Elijah can play some games. I'm very glad we went to Wild Bear Falls instead of Spash Country. It wasn't crowded and wasn't over stimulating for Elijah and the best thing is that it is all indoor and it's a small space so keeping up with Elijah wasn't a nightmare. 

The slides ares AWESOME. One is a body slide and the other you use a tube. I got my excersize for the week walking up and down the stairs.

Wild Bear Falls is an indoor waterpark. It has a lazy river, pools, hot tubs, play area for the kids, and two awesome slides. It's not huge but it was perfect for us and we really enjoyed ourselves. I wish I had snuck food in because the food was not good. You can leave and eat and come back with the armband. They also have picnic tables outside so you could pack a cooler in your car and go out to eat and come back. We will probably do that next time.

When we left Wild Bear Falls we went back to the cabin and made Pizza and S'mores. We lit a fire outside so Elijah could have a little camping experience. I really wanted to go to the mountains on our last day but it was raining. We had so much fun on our mini vacay and I am so grateful to my dad and my sister. I really hope we get to do it again. I would definitely stay at Bear Cove Village again. All we needed was a place to sleep since we weren't going to be there a lot and having a kitchen was a plus.

If you're going to grill or make a fire you will need to buy wood, we foraged for this since we just wanted a small fire for s'mores.


I was not compensated for this review.

BONUS LAUGH
This is me flipping after coming out of the tube slide, this happened EVERYTIME. It was comical for everyone who saw. 


For more information on Wild Bear Falls or Bear Cove Village:
https://www.westgatedestinations.com/tennessee/gatlinburg/westgate-smoky-mountain-resort/wild-bear-falls-water-park/park-info
http://bearcovevillage.com

“Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.”
Psalms 116:7 KJV



No comments:

Post a Comment