Tuesday, January 12, 2016

21 Day FAST.....Halfway Point!

If you are doing the 21 day fast, CELEBRATE! You are halfway there! By now you should have settled into a routine. The hangriness should be gone. I personally decided against doing the Daniel Fast or The Daniel Plan for my 21 Day Fast. I am saving that for Lent. I may do the Daniel Fast Friday through Sunday to end my 21 day Fast, but that is depending on if I feel led.

I decided to give up Meat, Soda, Fast Food, and Sweets for this fast. I have a HUGE addiction to Fast Food and Soda to the point to where it is gluttonous so giving up those items is big for me. Being a single mom, sometimes I rely on fast food to feed my family. It's cheap and easy. It also shows on my rear end and love handles. I have noticed my son getting a little bit pudgier than normal. I know it is because of how we eat. I decided this year we were going to start eating healthier. I refuse to call it a resolution because I never keep my resolutions and this is something we have to change.

If you mess up on your fast, just pick back up and keep going. You are going to be tempted. This past Sunday I was watching the Playoff's at my Dad's house and he had gotten a huge sackful of Krystal's and I had to watch everyone eat them while I forced down my salad. I would have loved to cheat and eat those Krystal's but I knew the remorse would be worse than the deliciousness. Also have you noticed the food commercials? I think food commercials should be banned. My stomach was eating itself by the time I left my Dad's house.

I enjoy eating healthy my problem is my big appetite so it take a lot of green stuff to keep me full. Also again, being a Single Mom on a fixed income food is expensive, allergy free food is even more expensive, and buying healthy food for myself is sometimes not an option. I have just found ALDI. I will definitely be going back there for my healthy food. It is food at half the cost of regular grocery stores. You can find some really good deals there so as I get accommodated to shopping there hopefully I will be able to give you some pointers.

For my daily devotions I found a really great plan on my YouVersion Bible app. It is called the 21 Day Fast. I have really enjoyed reading it every day. I did not do the bible journaling for this fast. I will be doing it for Lent. I tend to do more for Lent than I do for the 21 Day Fast. I sort of use the 21 Day Fast to prepare myself for Lent since they are close together.

Someone in my Sunday School class mentioned wanting to fast more often and I think that is a great idea. It would be nice to fast when I feel led to and by myself when no one is doing it with me. Also to do so in secret. Just God and I knowing about it. This year for me is all about taking care of my body so I can serve others better and drawing closer to God. Always working on our intimacy, just like a marriage so it doesn't become stagnant.

More about the 21 Day Fast http://www.jentezenfranklin.org/join-fastingmovement/

Join me on FB https://www.facebook.com/Thissinglemomneedsgrace/

Find me on Instagram!




No comments:

Post a Comment