Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Schoolhouseteachers.com Yearly Membership Review

I can't tell you how excited I was to be able to review the Yearly Membership to this awesome website. SchoolhouseTeachers.com has everything you need to make homeschooling your child a breeze. We use an online service for our homeschool needs but we haven't found the electives we need at an affordable price. There are many courses by subject included in the subscription for SchoolhouseTeachers.com such as:
  • Art
  • Drama and Speech
  • Bible
  • Computer and Technology
  • Electives
  • Foreign Languages
  • History, Geography, and Social Studies
  • Language Arts
  • Math
  • Music
  • Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
  • Science
We were most excited about Computer and Technology. Drama loves everything that has to do with computers and video gaming. I found a Computer Science/Programming course by Chris Yust that had all of this. Not only will he be learning computer science and programming but they have found a way to incorporate his most favorite game into these lessons, Minecraft. If your kid is as Minecraft crazy as mine is then they will love these computer classes. Starting in the 10th module they start learning how to make Minecraft mods in Java. Other site and programs that teach this are out of this world expensive so this was an excellent find. Another thing that I want to point out is the credentials of the teachers on this site. Christ Yust is a 17 + year software engineering professional with a Masters in Electrical Engineering. I trust that Elijah will learn a lot from him.

The Computer Science/Programming course consists of Twelve modules meant to be studied once a week for a year. There is a completion certificate and students will earn 1.0 Computer Science credit.
I bought a binder at Walmart and printed out the first module.  It is a lot of reading material but if your child is interested in learning about computers then they will find it interesting. Some of the modules have helpful tutorial videos that you play at certain points during the lesson.

Another course we are very excited about is Film Making. You can find it in the Electives. Director/Producer/Co-writer George Escobar co-founder of Advent Film Group teaches this class. I had to pinch myself when I found this. What an opportunity to learn from someone with over 25 years of experience in the field. Drama doesn't have much interest in filmmaking, but he does have a HUGE interest in producing YouTube videos so this class will help him get started.

I keep my niece a lot and I plan on homeschooling her as well. She will be 2 in February. We have already started working on the Alphabet and Numbers and other preschool lessons. I was very impressed at all of the preschool lessons there are. This site is for the whole family from Pre-K to Adult, there's something for everyone.
CLICK NOW to check out all the awesomeness!
 

When you go to www.SchoolhouseTeachers.com the first place you want to go is START HERE. From there click on NEW MEMBERS HUB, on this page you will find loads of helpful information and the FAQ.

I really hope you enjoy this site as much as I did reviewing it. I know that I will use it with my son and my niece. Thank you for reading my blog! Please give it a like and a follow. My followers get a special 1/2 off a year subscription to schoolhouseteachers.com just use the code CREWFOLLOWER The coupon is valid through 1/31/2016.



SchoolhouseTeachers.com Review 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment