Tuesday, February 16, 2016

My New Scripture Journal

I love new writing stuff!!! I love writing utensils, art supplies, notebooks, and I totally geek out when it's time to buy back to school stuff.Today I went to Ross with the intentions of getting a new scripture journal for Lent. Ross has such a great selection of journals. They have Christian journals, secular journals, and sketch journals. They range from plain to intricate designs. My journal matches my personality. With me being a Princess of course I had to have one that was pink and sparkly. 




What I love most about my journal (besides the blinged out cross) is the verse on the front. Matthew 19:26 With God all things are possible. Such a wonderful reminder to have every time I open my journal to spend time with God. 

After Ross I had to go to Office Max to get printer paper. I usually don't go to Office Max because it's more expensive than Wal*Mart , but I really dislike Wal*Mart and just was not in the mood to deal with it today so I paid extra for convenience. While there I found some awesome little color pens for my new journal. I love colored pens and these are small enough to keep in the bag and in my purse. Hopefully I can keep them all together and not lose them like I normally do.

How I journal

I write down the verse I am studying. I write "what is happening in this passage?" Then underneath it I write a summary, I write "what does this passage mean to me?" Then I write how God spoke to me through the passage and what I took away from it. I sometimes doodle if I feel inspired. At the end I write down my prayer requests. 

I also use my journal at church for Sunday School and Sermon notes. It's handy to help remember what the sermon was about and anything I may want to write down that is running through my mind at the moment that may leave me by the time I get home. It's also nice to keep a record of prayer requests because you can go back and update them once the prayers have turned into praises. 

Let me know how you prayer journal or take sermon notes in the comments! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment