Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's for the Single Mom

Valentine's can be pretty miserable for anyone who is alone. Widowed, Divorced, and Single people everywhere made it through one of the loneliest holidays. Some would argue being alone on Valentine's isn't too much different than any other day of the year, but it really is. 

All week long people have been declaring their love for their significant other on social media. I absolutely feel happy that my brothers and sisters in Christ are happy and in love. I would want nothing less. I can't help but feel a twinge of jealousy and I know that's wrong. God forgive for that. I wouldn't want anyone to feel lonely. It's a miserable feeling. It helps the soul to have a special someone. 

For Valentines Day we went to church then out to lunch. I let Drama pick where we went. Then we had a Valentine's party at night church where we learned about charity (love). I didn't feel lonely yesterday and I enjoyed my time with my son. I think God spared me some heartache that I usually feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment