Sunday, July 19, 2015

A case of the Sunday's.....just a blah day

Sunday's are stressful. You wouldn't think they would be since it is supposed to be the Lord's day and all, but the Devil worms his way in and tries his best to ruin what is supposed to belong to the lord. I tried really hard to make it to Sunday School. I was super tired yesterday because I had gotten up early to do the Lord's work at our Women's Ministry Expo. So, around 7 o'clock I could not hold my eyes open anymore. I went to sleep. Of course I woke up at 11ish wide awake and didn't have a sound sleep the rest of the night.

When the alarm went off to start getting ready for Sunday School I just kept pressing snooze and finally got up with just enough time to get ready for church. KEYS.....Where are my @$&!$ keys? Just keeping it real folks. I do have a potty mouth. It's something I struggle with. When I'm frustrated or angry it comes out like Tourette's and it's enough to make a sailor blush. We all have our vices. I have quite a few. I was ready to walk out the door and I couldn't find my keys. Thankfully the child who couldn't find his head if it wasn't attached to him was having an off day and found them pretty quickly.

I am the Mom who puts on her makeup on the way to church. Yes, that's me. Distracted driver, GUILTY. I am a horrible driver but that's another blog post for another day. I was happy to make it to church ten minutes early, tried not to look anyone in the eye in my Sunday school class as I walked by shamefully and I set out to stake my claim on my choir seat. We do not have enough seats in our choir. We are very informal so first come first serve and I do not like to sit in the front row. I will move those scrawny little teenagers over if they get my seat, lol.

My Mom just started coming back to church this year and I've been really blessed. She brings my 15 month old niece and she is just a joy. We call her a sour patch kid. She will beat you in the face with a cell phone and then give you kisses. Church was excellent as usual. We really are blessed to have a really awesome church. After church we went to the grocery store and got us some things for lunch and dinner that we didn't really have to do too much to cook. I was really excited about these taquitos that I found that Elijah could have because they didn't have milk or eggs in them. 7 hours later and we start to get hungry and look for them and they aren't in the freezer... I left them in the trunk, in the hot summer heat. No taquitos for us and a wasted 5$.

I am still having major anxiety and some stomach issues I'm thinking are caused by the anxiety. Nothing is going my way tonight. I've wanted to stomp my feet a couple of times and send myself to time out.  Today has definitely been a very unproductive day. I am hoping that after the ultrasound tomorrow everything can go back to normal and we can put this past us.

I know God has more in store for me than this mess I call my life. I've just got to keep moving forward and take it day by day. I tend to get overwhelmed very easily and just want to give up. That's when I need him the most. That's when I pray the most.


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ KJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment