Thursday, July 23, 2015

Our Mother son Date to see Minions

So I blew it BIG TIME yesterday. There was a Super League Gaming event at West Towne Mall and I waited until the day of the event to sign Elijah up and it SOLD OUT. He was so disappointed. Super League Gaming sets up in movie theaters and kids play mine craft together and they have YouTube stars there to meet the kids. 


When I told him what happened he informed me he was no longer speaking to me. I really did feel bad because I knew he was really looking forward to going. So I decided to make it up to him by taking him to the movies. It's not something we get to do so I knew it would cheer him up and of course he just had to punish me by picking Minions. 


I am not a fan of Minions. I tried everything to get him to see another movie...ANY other movie...but no he was dead set on seeing the Minions so that was my punishment. Oh the sacrifices we make for our children. So I accepted my punishment and off to the movies we went. The movie is rated PG13 and for good reason. They have cartoons robbing a bank and trying to kill each other. I didn't like it but Elijah did. 

Even though I would have rather done anything else, it was what Elijah wanted to do. We have to make these sacrifices for our kids, within reason. Afterwards he kept saying thank you for taking him to the movies. It was such a big deal for him. It's not something we are able to do often. I think the last movie we saw was the summer before. Even tonight he mentioned it. He said thank you so much for taking me to the movies yesterday. 


It makes me feel so good to know that I did something to make him so happy that he keeps mentioning it. He doesn't like for me to call them our Mom and Son dates anymore. He is too old for that and says it is weird. He is 10 and growing up. Time goes by so fast. I want to cherish these moments we have together. Before I know it he will be all grown up and have babies of his own. So of that means sitting through another Minions movie then bring it on! 

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.”
Exodus 20:12 KJV
http://bible.com/1/exo.20.12.kjv

No comments:

Post a Comment