Friday, July 17, 2015

Back to school.....already? Homeschool Co-op Party.

Today we had our back to school party with our homeschool co-op. It was a color explosion. There was powdered color dye the kids threw at each other (like the color runs) and we tie dyed t-shirts. There were snacks galore. Lots of cupcakes, fruit, sandwiches, chicken nuggets, chips, cookies, and snow cones. It was a blast. The kids played our favorite new game called Duck, Duck, Goose, but wait that's not new... Oh it is when you add water!


I went to my friend's kids vbs commencement and they did this.I went and got her and said, hey we have to do this tomorrow. You take a bowl of water and the person who is it goes around and puts their hand in the water and drops water on each persons head saying duck, duck, duck until they get to the goose and they dump the whole bowl on them. If they get caught they have to sit in the mosh pit. Which is the kiddie pool filled with water. I don't know why we didn't think of this when I was a kid. It's so much fun.

I did not stay outside a lot. I feel really bad. This big ole girl just can't take the heat. Give me Spring or Fall any day. So I stayed inside and manned the snow cone maker. My favorite part is just sitting and talking to the Moms. We all deal with so much and sometimes our kids are 90% of the conversation we have on a daily basis so getting some Mom time is a must. Our co-op has such a wonderful mix of moms. We are a melting pot of misfits.

Our co-op started when our leader Alecia had trouble finding a co-op she "fit" into. Some co-op's are really rigorous, so much so that it's basically school. They have very strict rules and regulations. We are very laid back and easy going. We have a lot of kids on the spectrum so we understand disruption. We cater to those who don't "fit" elsewhere.

I cannot believe August is almost here and we will be right back in the swing of things. I also can't believe I have a fifth grader. God willing we will make it, it takes a village and I have an awesome one.

My fifth grader

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. (Deuteronomy 6:7 KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment