Thursday, July 23, 2015

Our Angel Kylie Grace

 I remember the first time I heard about Kylie. I went with some friends to a fundraiser in Maryville. There was this little girl who was so full of life and running around everywhere looking for the Princesses to play with. She didn't even seem to notice all the people who were there. She just wanted to get in the bounce castle and play. 

Kylie started coming to my church. This little girl would go to the altar on her own and prostrate herself before God and pray. She had more faith in God than most grown ups I know. She talked to him. They had a relationship that I covet. I believe he held her hand through everything she went through. 


Kylie would get up on stage at church with the other children saying their bible verses and when it came time for her to say her verse she would simply say God is good all the time. This sweet little girl who has gone through so much in her short life is saying God is good all the time.



 I don't know why God takes children. It really shakes my faith. It makes me angry. I know she was simply too good for this earth. God sent her here for a purpose and she fulfilled her purpose. For a fleeting moment I believe I was in the presence of a celestial being. She was an Angel sent here to remind us that God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. No matter what you are going through, if Kylie Grace can see God's good in her trial, then we have no excuse.


We are not promised tomorrow. We must live life to the fullest. Show compassion to one another regardless of politics. Be Jesus to the world. Use your hands and feet to do the work God sent you here to do and stop wasting precious time. I am thankful for little reminders. I'll have a really bad week and her little picture will show up in my time hop or someone will post it on FB and it reminds me to stop being so selfish. 


It also makes me hold Elijah closer. Please keep Kylie's parents in your thoughts and prayers as the anniversary of her death approaches. I can't begin to imagine what they have gone through or are feeling. I know that Kylie touched so many people. There's not one person I know that doesn't know her story or has touched them in some way. She made a difference. Halls Papa Johns is doing a fundraiser for The Butterfly Fund to honor her memory. I was blessed to be apart of the fundraiser last year. We even had people order pizza from out of state! So many people came out to support Kylie. I hope that this year we can do the same to help other children like Kylie please go check out the FB post to learn more 

https://www.facebook.com/HallsPapaJohns/posts/864667623620705

Here is Kylie's story, I promise it will move you. 


“Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.”
Psalms 52:1 KJV
http://bible.com/1/psa.52.1.kjv

No comments:

Post a Comment