Sunday, August 16, 2015

Rejoice Dance Ministries...my heart for 9 years

We had an amazing service this morning. The Holy Spirit showed up and was bursting inside of me. I felt like I was going to explode. Our Dance Ministry, REJOICE, did a wonderful dance to Break Every Chain as our Youth Minister/Pianist/American Idol (seriously the man can sing) sang the song. It was nothing short of a blessing and if you weren't blessed by it then you were just dead inside today. I will post a link to the video I took of the performance below.

                         An old picture of Rejoice, we have been through SO much.


I remember the first time I saw Rejoice perform at church. I had never experienced worship like that before. Elijah was a baby and it was all I could do to keep from jumping out of my seat with him. They were doing Nicole C Mullen's When I call on Jesus. Now, I am a mover. If you goto church with me then you know I can't sit still. I am always moving especially when I am singing. I have always been a dancer. Maybe not professionally but in my heart I am a dancer.


                                              Ministering at Western Heights Projects


I had asked Kristy, who was the leader at that time if I could join. She told me that everyone who joins Rejoice must feel that they are led by God to join the dance ministry. I would start out by coming to practices and showing my faithfulness to the ministry. A really HUGE thing in Rejoice is that we are to not be seen but we want others to see Christ through us. The spotlight isn't on us it's on the message God is wanting is to give his people.



                                Rejoice at the Tennessee Valley Fair last year


There is nothing like dancing for God. It wouldn't matter if I was alone, dancing just for God would be enough for me. When I am in front of everyone that's what I picture anyways. I am in the presence of God. I am also praying continuously that God uses us as his vessels. Use our hands and feet Lord to do your work. I get so excited to see a Rejoice performance, especially when I am not the one performing because I get to be ministered to. It's always a treat. I hope you enjoy the video! 

Rejoice Dance Ministries Performing Break Every Chain



No comments:

Post a Comment