Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cliques and my new realization

When you hear the word cliques, what do you think of? Immediately the movie Mean Girls come to my mind. So many women and girls (they start young) have been affected by cliques. 

What is a clique? Wikipedia defines cliques: clique (CanE,UK /ˈklk/ or US /ˈklɪk/) is a group of people who interact with each other more regularly and intensely than others in the same setting.[1] Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity, or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied duringadolescence and middle childhood, they exist in all age groups.

That's it. It doesn't say anything about mean girls, fighting, etc. I know that my experience with cliques is negative, but I am socially awkward. I don't do well in social situations. Not ALL cliques are bad and They aren't ALL good either. I think it's probably half and half. 

I was thinking a lot today and my thought was, Would I feel this way if I was IN the clique. No, I probably wouldn't. I would be happy because I was in a group of people who have known each other for a long time. 

Am I in a clique? I have a small group of homeschool Moms that I love to hang out with. We are comfortable with each other. We have our own love language, we joke around, we have a lot of fun. We tend to group together when we are out somewhere with other homeschool Moms. We try very hard to include everyone. 

I don't take social cues sometimes so if I have every excluded you I'm sorry. 

I don't think it is wrong to enjoy the company of your friends. I love that people have close relationships and do things together. 

I have let my feelings get hurt when I see a group of friends post pictures of them having an awesome time and that my friends is a normal feeling but it can also be sinful if you obsess over it.

Envy: a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another's advantages, success,possessions, etc.

Envy is a Cardinal Sin (7 Deadly Sins)

I wish the World was this fuzzy warm place where everyone loved each other and it was possible to include each other, but it's not. It's not feasible. I don't think every clique is bad. I don't think they all mean to leave people out or are trying to make people jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment